PDA

View Full Version : Lesson learned

PANDEMIC
01-23-2015, 06:31 PM
I now know why there is so little information available in regards to Chinese scooters...that's because even the manufacturers know nothing about these things...I spoke to what is being called tech support which just so happens to be sales as well since the same person answered the phone...ask a simple question as to what the size and weight of the stock roller weights is and the only answer I get is they should have them in stock but nothing else...really...come on ppl is there not someone in these companies smart enough to come up with or make spec sheets...There has to be some form of a reference sheet somewhere or they couldn't of built the first one...

kz1000st
01-23-2015, 06:51 PM
That's because you're not really talking to the manufacturer, you're talking to the importer. Most of the sellers may not have even seen the scoot in the flesh. Most sell them hot off the boat into delivery trucks to your door. Companies like Wolf, Lance and Bintelli can answer the questions since they specify parts in their scooters.

rks
01-25-2015, 05:13 AM
Ever wonder how many GY6 engine manufacturers there are? ... I doubt that most scooter companies even build their engines, but rather buy box cars of them every month, from one of who knows how many suppliers. As KZ says, some of the top shelf companies probably have a better handle on things....and some may even build their own....but I think most, just use whatever components are readily available, or on sale at any particular time.

The engine builders themselves, might run low on the specified rollers, and install something a gram lighter, or heavier.....who would know?

The American auto makers don't even make all of their own components...they come from all over the world....and then probably assembled in Mexico, or Canada. My newer Camaro, has a 6 speed manual transmission......it was made in Japan, shipped to Canada, where car was assembled.

cheapeto
01-25-2015, 07:43 AM
I dont know if this helps you or not.
http://www.beedspeed.com/html-pages/variator-roller-weights-chart.htm

It's a been around a while now.
The roller weights installed OEM in my Honda sucked for me.
I went from 156 grams to 126 grams, seemed to work best for my fatass.