PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bremerton WA

tcthomp66
12-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Following the untimely demise of '83 Chevy S-10 Blazer in July, I have been walking and bicycling. Finding my 2011 Taotao 50 on Craigslist last Friday was a real highlight for the year. (Perhaps it's my inherent cheapness, but the idea of paying $5 biweekly to get to work appeals to me.)

I have some shade tree experience working on cars and I'm willing to learn, but also realize just how much I don't know. I know I'm a noob on some issues, so please don't hold it against me.

Currently I'm working on resolving some issues on getting this key to my freedom up and running. (It looks like the person I bought it from was trying to do a tune up and/or troubleshoot it and didn't know what they were doing.) I've changed out the old spark plug (that looked like charcoal), gotten the battery recharged (O'Reilly's and some bike shops will recharge for free) and found a loose vacuum hose. The next step is fixing a fuel issue with the carburetor - it starts for 3-5 seconds and then dies. Wish me luck!

SleeperZz
12-27-2014, 01:25 AM
I totally understand the walking and peddling. I would pedal my bike 6 miles uphill everyday going to work.I'm currently cruzing around on a 2014 taotao atm50-a1 my advice would be READ READ READ get sick of reading watch some videos on YouTube using keyword 139qmb (almost all Chinese 50cc scoots use the 139qmb engine) numbers\letters located near kickstand. Scoots are fun!!!! Sites like this have taught me basic things. Happy scootin dude

wheelbender6
12-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the forum. I hope you have the Taotao purring soon. There is plenty of good help on this forum.