PDA

View Full Version : New thread, new member...

Aegis3650
12-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Thinking about getting a scooter for moveabouts, and I've settled on one. I have a go at getting a Honda PCX 150 in a few weeks, and one of the places I visit from time to time is about 150km (95 miles or so) from me.

Is this something that the scooter could do all in one go? I wouldn't want to get out on the road, and not be able to ride for a couple of hours (its mostly country lanes, what you Yanks call "backroads", not a motorway) and a few small towns along the way. Would the scooter overheat, or put too much wear and tear on if I rode this much in one go? I mean, if I got out and did the goabout, would that length of travel bugger up the works?

thumper650
12-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the board, from New England!
In my opnion a 150cc scooter is very capible of what you describe. You could ride it all day long with no problem. As for overheating the PCX is water cooled so chances of overheating are slim, unless somthing goes really wrong. Do the scheduled maintenence and I bet the PCX would last for years.
As a side note I have ridden a PCX and it was one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden. It corners extremely well, and I've ridden lots of scooters and motorcycles. I didn't get one because the style doesen't appeal to me.
Again welcome, and keep us posted on your decision.
Cheers!

kz1000st
12-15-2014, 06:54 AM
The PCX is about one of the best scooters in the world and should do 95 miles easily.Do you have the license to ride one? My understanding of the UK is that you need a full on motorcycle certificate to ride anything over 125cc.

Aegis3650
12-15-2014, 10:15 AM
The PCX is about one of the best scooters in the world and should do 95 miles easily.Do you have the license to ride one? My understanding of the UK is that you need a full on motorcycle certificate to ride anything over 125cc.

Thanks for the replies, mates.

As I don't live in the UK any longer, I don't think I need a UK cycle licence.

:D

thumper650
12-15-2014, 06:14 PM
No tiered licenses here, you can take the test on a 125cc scooter, then go buy a Harley. Not that I'm advocating that kind of behaviour.