PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a scooter cover.

Houndguy
11-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Question about scooter covers. Do you use them and are they worth the money? :hmm:

kz1000st
11-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Make sure it has a material that vents. Moisture can get trapped under vinyl and other plastic materials leading to corrosion. I used one on a motorcycle I left outside one winter and the pitting and rust was getting pretty bad.

bnc
11-18-2014, 04:04 PM
I had a Nelson-Rigg DE-2000 cover for one season. It was silver and black. My bike was wet after the first rain so I tested the cover by pouring some water on the material when the cover was dry. One of two colors was not waterproof at all.

I sold it and went to a Harbor Freight store and bought a blue tarp for less than $6. It was not beautiful but it worked.

Now I have room in the garage.

wheelbender6
11-18-2014, 07:48 PM
If your have to store your scooter out in the elements, I think a cover is worth the expense. We know that rain is bad for the scoot and the sun will shorten the life of the seat and other non-metallic parts.

thumper650
11-19-2014, 09:43 PM
I cover mine, espeically in winter since it'll be covered in frost and ice on some mornings if I don't.

Irish
05-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Over the MANY years , I've seen many motorcycle & car finishes ruined by the use of UNVENTED covers! Like the use of anything that is used on your ride , just use your head! Irish