PDA

View Full Version : CK50QT-5 Carburetor Vacuum line Problem

John Jordan
11-12-2014, 01:28 PM
I was given a used "Kymaco Agility", 50cc scooter, disassembled, left in an storage facility. After a few days working on this scooter I finally have it running but it still cuts off, like it stops getting fuel.
The vacuum line from the intake to the petcock, after starting the engine, will get moisture in it very quickly. I think that the moisture is gas but it is milky in color. The vacuum line will collect 1/2" of this in a very short time and the engine will stop. I then disconnect vacuum line and void the liquid, clearing the vacuum line. To restart the engine I have to turn it over and over with the starter to get enough fuel for it to start.

I have cleaned the carburetor but don't know if float bowl level is correct nor where it should be set.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be and or suggestions as to possible remedies?

I also have a new "Sheng Wey", KH C22 Carburetor, it came with this scooter, and I want to check the float level but can't find the setting for it either.

I have looked and read, online, about float settings for 50cc scooter carburetors and I get so many different numbers. Some say 17mm and others say 20mm and various numbers in between.

I am thinking that the float level on the scooters existing carburetor, CK50QT-5, is off causing fuel starvation or flooding.

The truth is I just don't.

Please advise!!

Thanking you in advance for any and all assistance in this matter.

John Jordan

kz1000st
11-12-2014, 02:51 PM
You have gunk in the fuel tank. It's coming out and clogging off the line. Either remove and flush out the tank or dump in large quantities of Seafoam and shake the scooter around. Ethanol in the gas gathers moisture and creates the gunk when a tank has been sitting a while.