PDA

View Full Version : New from georgetown, Texas

Robingf
11-12-2014, 10:34 AM
I bought my wife a 150cc diamo metro for her birthday in 2007. She loves it and often we both pile on it to bomb around town. Once I got over the whole Chinese quality thing, it was fun just to appreciate the freedom of 2 wheels.

I was raised on motorcycles but when my future wife experienced my youthful exuberance she nixed motorcycles until I got her the scooter. So... it opened the door to the zrx1100 I enjoy riding now.

The scoot had been off the street for 2 years with an engine knock so I finally had some spare cash and bought scrappydogscooter 200cc long block and am now tuning it. Since I ported and polished the intake and exhaust, went with a filter pod and fabricated my own 11/4" stainless exhaust it was running pretty lean. Just put a 130 main jet in last night and it's beginning to sound right.

I think the original jet was a 92. I went with a 120 and the plug was still white and the exhaust pipe was glowing red after a run on the stand>: I may try the 140 yet. Anyways I'm hoping it'll tune out right or I may have to upgrade the carb to something with more tunability.

I think with the extra power I should be able to get some more top end. Looking for some help on the next best way. Rollers alone?

wheelbender6
11-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm near Houston. I spent an afternoon last weekend at the Lonestar rally on Galveston. Saw a handful of scooters and a whole lot of Harleys.
i drove my truck because you have to take the freeway across Galveston Bay.

Admin
11-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Welcome, hope you enjoy it here! :)

bhinch
11-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Welcome....Great site...lots of info and super scooter lovers...