PDA

View Full Version : 150cc Engine Knock

Irv_Novick
10-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone!

First post here, and just have a few questions to ask. I have a 150cc and was making a terrible engine noise, and ended up finding loads of metal in the filter screen. :tdown: Anyway, i'm planning on rebuilding the engine with a new crank and all new internals. It seems you can a rebuild kit with everything, besides the crank, for like 70$. Has anyone had good luck with these, or are they complete junk? I rather not rebuild twice.

Any help is appreciated, I just recently traded for this bike and trying to keep the cost down :doh:. It does have multiple upgrades, but nothing internal.

Thanks,
Irv

rks
10-17-2014, 05:56 PM
We all like to keep the costs down...but don't throw good money after bad. If at all possible, think you would be better off spending the extra $150, and getting a completely new engine. Then, with a bit of care, you'd be all set for a few years...instead of nickel and dimed by other failing parts.

If you bought it with the intention of patching it up, and then flipping it for a profit....guess you can disregard this post.