PDA

View Full Version : Tank wont start

cucarrell
10-06-2014, 01:49 PM
So, I have a Tank 150cc. It runs perfect, when it runs. However, it started clicking once every time I pushed the start button recently, so now heres where I am. I have a good battery. I thought it may be the starter, so I replaced that. Same thing. So I had been starting it right up by jumping the solenoid and it ran perfectly, just had to jump it. So, I bought a new solenoid, thinking that was the issue. I tried putting it on yesterday, and now I get NOTHING! It won't even click. It won't jump, I don't even have spark. The battery is still hooked up and is working cuz the horn and everything works. But nothing from the starter, or motor. Can anyone tell me if I did something like unhooked a wire or something? Im not sure where to go from here. Like I said, it ran fine jumping the solenoid before I tried putting the new one in

kz1000st
10-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Put the old one back in but first check the kill switch. Also put a volt/ohmmeter on the two terminals with Volts DC. They should read voltage like 12.5.

cucarrell
10-06-2014, 05:42 PM
The old one is cut. Wont go back in. Even if the kill switch was on, it would still turn, or spark when the solenoid was jumped. I don't have any fire whatsoever. If I hook up the new solenoid, and try to jump, I get nothing. No spark. just dead

mmsscooters
10-09-2014, 02:08 AM
if you're jumping the solenoid with nothing happening then youre not getting power, the cable on the front is direct to the battery, sometimes the wires can seperate from the terminal, check the voltage at the solenoid, if its good make sure there is a ground cable from your engine to the frame

cucarrell
10-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Ok, so I got the juice problem fixed. reconnected positive wire and it worked. But then it would not turn fast at all and not start. I wiggled the shit out of the back brake and it works great now, but now the back brake is stuck. I cannot figure out how to get it unstuck. I can still ride it, but it's stuck on about half way. How do I get it unstuck?