PDA

View Full Version : more power

dwint51
09-25-2014, 12:35 PM
I have a mierelli 2t jonway and my emmisions are disconnected and egr.i have a performance variator and clutch but put my stock springs on.i want to get a leo vince or tecnigas pipe and uni filter.if I want to get the most out of this engine should I get a better intake and reeds?theres no restrictions on my motor or pipe or variator.i have a 68 main jet stock and I no ill have to go up near 80?

Firehawk989
09-30-2014, 02:09 AM
Stock intake should be fine but get some carbon fiber reeds, they won't destroy your cylinder if they fail like the stock metal ones.

When you add the pipe you will probably need lighter rollers and you will need to replace the clutch springs with stiffer ones so when you take off and accelerate it stays in the pipe's powerband. And yes, you will have to upjet. Keep the stock airbox though, as the minarelli engines tend to like it better than a uni filter that can be hard to tune properly. If your airbox is like mine, you can take out the little rubber snorkel thing on the outside of the airbox for more flow. (Not the part that connects to the carb obviously.)

dwint51
09-30-2014, 11:11 AM
thanks.i already went from 5grams to 4 for better pick up.still does over 40