PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh, PA new scooter rider - Linhai 300cc.

Breakneck
09-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Hello everybody, I'm new to the scooter game as a rider but have been looking into getting a scooter for a little while now.

I recently purchased a red 2008 Linhai 300 Aeolus with only 700 miles on it for an extremely low price. IMO it isn't even broken in yet.

I've done some research into the Linhai's and Chinese scooters and am aware of some of the issues that can come with being an owner of these models but I am not afraid to do the maintenance work to keep it going either. Actually I really like diving into the mechanics of things and understanding the 'why's' and 'how's' of an object. I look forward to improving the quality and performance of my scoot.

I also received my motorcycle permit the day I purchased my scoot as in Pennsylvania a 300cc scooter is actually considered a motorcycle. (I'm not sure how other states view these things.)

Riding has been great and I love it right off the bat!
I have seen a steady increase of scooters in the Pittsburgh area and I think the number is going to keep going up. I can see that there is a sort of underground or culture developing around using scooters in my area.

I plan on replacing my belt, spark plug, ignition coil, & battery asap and then pushing towards some of the upgrades that are available.

Any help with a quality parts dealer, information specifically dealing with Linhai 300's, or other stories & info you can give me is greatly appreciated! It seems that parts for this model are harder to find than the lower cc engines which seems a little backwards to me being that it would seem that people want to go faster and the attention would be on the higher cc engines rather than the lower cc engines.

With that, please excuse my ignorance on some issues and have patience with me if I appear to be beating a dead horse with an issue, but know that I never ask a question that I haven't first took some time to try to find out for myself.

I look forward to being a long time member and contributing something positive to this forum.

Cheers!

Admin
09-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Welcome to ScootDawg, very glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Be sure to check out or sponsors in the sponsor section for deals on parts. :tup:

Houndguy
09-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Being a former "Yinzer" myself, I always thought Pittsburgh and the surrounding area be great to ride in. Butler and Mercer counties has some great roads to putter around on.

Welcomve to the board!

Breakneck
09-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

Houndguy I lived in the beautiful state of Florida in 2008-2009.
I came back to buy a house that recently burned down. I so wish I was back in wonderful Melbourne, Fl.

I saw your blog. I'll check it out.