PDA

View Full Version : New Member From CT

cj8675309
09-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Hello everyone. My names C.J. and im a 16 year old from connecticut. I dont own a scooter yet but im hoping to in the near future. Everyday I have to bike to my high school which is a mile. Then after school I have to really push my riding limits to get to work which is 5 miles away from school in 25 minutes so I can get cleaned up and clocked in at 2:30. I then have to ride my bike home 6 miles in the dark.

Having a scooter will really help out my situation and lessen the chances of me getting fired for being late. My friend just purchased the Tao Tao CY50A Vip Super Champion and its a really nice scooter so im hoping to buy one of those. The brick and moarter place in my town sells them for $800 in the crate $850 assembled with a full tank of fuel and all you have to do is change the fluids and spark plug and your all set. Im mechanically inclined so I wouldnt have a problem putting it together from the crate but I would have to find a way to get it home or atleast to the mcdonalds parking lot next door to the scooter shop.

It might just be easier to pay the extra $50 and not deal with all the trouble. $850 is alot of money for me being I only make $9 an hour minus taxes and all the other crap and I only work 15 to 20 hours a week. They have the Tao Tao ATM50 for $100 cheaper but im not too thrilled on how my knees hit the handle bars. It also seems as if the CY50A is a little better quality Vs. the ATM50. Any suggestions?

kz1000st
09-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Craigslist has numerous 50cc scooters for less. New is nice but if you can find one cheaper that 's a good thing. The bugs will be out, the PDI is done and you won't cringe when it gets scratched. You might even find a Japanese or Kymco scooter for less.

www.craigslist.org

cj8675309
09-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Ive gotten stuff from craigslist in the past. Its hard to find a good scooter with papers around here. Im also worried about wether the person broke it in properly, used the right fuel, changed the fluids, and so on. also not to mention the fact that people expect to get more then list price for a beat up scooter. Id rather buy brand new from the brick and moarter who have a good warranty and will exchange parts no hassle. My friend bought his scooter from the B&M and his seat lock broke. they replaced it no questions asked.

kz1000st
09-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I've not had that problem with CL but go with your gut. Tao Tao makes a great scooter.

cj8675309
09-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Yea I also want a brand new one so I can do a review for the whole life of the scooter to the very end for my blog.

bhinch
09-02-2014, 05:54 AM
Welcome....I recently passed 11,000 miles on my scoot.....I am 65 yrs young and have enjoyed the scooter...glad your here...

Admin
09-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard! :)

Good luck in your search for a scoot! :tup:

cj8675309
09-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Thank you everyone. Im hoping to find a sponsor for the blog. Id even tie it in with the forums here.