PDA

View Full Version : V5 USB Music- How?

italianmotofest
08-29-2014, 10:38 PM
Has anyone used the USB port for music on their V5?

I have no idea how it works. Can it be an iPod? Or does it have to be Android, standard mp3 or what?

Can someone explain this to me, please?

Thanks,
Bill

festus
08-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Hi again Mr. Bill,
I may turn out to be your go to guy as far as the V5. I don't think there are a whole lot of folks on here that ride our choice of half scoot / half bike. I know that you can put MP3's on a memory stick and play them. I don't have a MP3 player or fancy phone so I can't answer that part. It would be interesting to know though, if you can plug in your USB cable and it will work. You did find the connection point under the seat right?

The sound is down right decent at low speed but useless at speed. You can't hardly hear anything, but since these sweet bikes run so quietly, maybe some '70's rock like "Born to be Wild" (we're the same age) will be just annoying enough to let close by vehicles know we are around. It would serve the same purpose as the headlight on all the time but be a little more entertaining. I assure you that if a young rider had a rap thing going on ...... I'd hear it !

I don't know how literal you were when you said you have "no idea how it works" but the controls are center console between the handlebars.

Post an update if you haven't already on the other thread about how you like those sliders. I love 'em.

Breakneck
09-28-2014, 01:30 AM
I'm not familiar with your scoot and not much info was really given to work with and I don't know it's setup (are their actual speakers on your scooter, does it have a radio unit etc?) but I do know about using usb ports and using many different types of devices in cars etc so I'll tell you about my knowledge and I hope it helps you out.

Currently in my car I play .mp3's through my car's stereo using my android smartphone.
I do use my radio's aux jack though. My radio has an aux jack and I put the radio on aux and plug in a male/male wire connecting the radio to my phone. So you might be able to do the same thing if you have those items on your scooter.

If you don't have a radio or speakers with just a usb port then you have the usb to power something else that plugs into the usb port.

If you have speakers, no radio and a usb then you have to plug in something to play the music (obviously).

Usb doesn't care what you plug into it generally.
You can plug in just about anything.
A smartphone being android or Iphone works.
An mp3 player works too.
A memory stick can also be used and sometimes, depending on how sophisticated your radio is, it'll automatically start playing by itself. I don't like memory sticks at all and advise against using them on a scooter because as the data is read the light never stops flickering and at night or on dark days this is highly annoying and distracting to me. With a stick you do need speakers or headphones. The stick just holds the music files.

What has to happen is you have to attach the device through the usb port.

Depending on what you are going to use to play music will determine what methods you'll use to attach it.

I hope this helps a little more and if you give additional info I'll explain the next steps.