PDA

View Full Version : Big Chief

Humantorch
08-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Anyone familiar with this brand? Google doesn't turn up much on them. I have a 2005 150cc big chief and I'm looking for a manual, spec sheet... Anything.

kz1000st
08-12-2014, 09:11 AM
There are some disparaging videos on Youtube about them. GSMotorworks sold them in the deep, dark past before Tony took them over. You might try calling them for assistance in case anyone there remembers anything about them. It should have a GY6 engine and most parts and specs are universal between brands. Ask away here if you need help.

Humantorch
08-12-2014, 10:03 AM
There are some disparaging videos on Youtube about them. GSMotorworks sold them in the deep, dark past before Tony took them over. You might try calling them for assistance in case anyone there remembers anything about them. It should have a GY6 engine and most parts and specs are universal between brands. Ask away here if you need help.

Thanks a lot! I was going to open it up today and clean all the rust off, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it as far as I can tell. If I can think of anything I'll be sure to ask!

Humantorch
08-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Actually I'm having trouble locating the fuse box... Do scooters even have fuse boxes lol? The headlights don't work so I took the front cover off and looked around and took the seat compartment out looking around and didn't find anything.

ragtopdodge
08-12-2014, 01:54 PM
No fuse boxes that I know of. Just inline fuses.

Something not working?

Humantorch
08-12-2014, 02:33 PM
The headlights aren't working. The only fuse I found up front was the one for the alarm. I also don't happen to have a test light handy...

ragtopdodge
08-12-2014, 06:07 PM
many headlights don't work when the engine isn't running. So is that the case? Engine's running but no headlight? Wonder if you have a bad rectifier?