PDA

View Full Version : Portland, OR - BMS Pathfinder 150

wolftroutcobra
08-10-2014, 02:47 AM
Dawgs,
I'll be honest, I bought my scooter more as a joke than anything but ended up loving it. I've owned motorcycles most of my life (started in the dirt and transitioned to the street) so I always thought they were worthless until owning one. Basically my wife said that kids = no motos for a few years and a scooter was the loophole I was looking for. Long story short, I ended up with this scooter for about $130.

This scooter has PLENTY of issues (sticky throttle, brakes are trash, broken gas gauge, speedo shows mph double what I'm actually going, vacuum issues, wrecked a few times, etc.) but I don't care. It runs well enough to get me to work and around my hood so I'm good with it.

I am into wrenching on my bikes so this idle / performance issue is needing to be solved asap. If anyone lives in the portland metro area and wants to meet up let me know.

I think it's absurd having a scooter so I've made some ridiculous videos and posted them on my instagram (wolftroutcobra) and have been using the hashtag #boutthatscooterlife. Not sure how the social media presence is on this forum but I'd love to expand on the comedy aspect of scooters. If you have any good pics or videos, feel free to use the same tag. I'll see about posting some of my antics into a thread on here for those who don't use twitter or instagram.

Anyway, sorry in advance for the random threads asking simple questions, and thanks in advance for the answers.

Admin
08-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you'll love it here! :tup:

iamteeg
08-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Welcome! I look forward to seeing some of your fun and games that you'll post here!

kz1000st
08-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Once sorted out the Pathfinder is a really good scooter. It has been said it handles well, rides nicely and is pretty quick, mostly due to its 16 inch wheels. You should enjoy it.

wolftroutcobra
08-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Once sorted out the Pathfinder is a really good scooter. It has been said it handles well, rides nicely and is pretty quick, mostly due to its 16 inch wheels. You should enjoy it.

Yeah it's actually a pretty good ride. I'm 6'5" though so the slope of the seat is a little extreme and ends up pressing my knees into the front fairing around the steering column. I'm going to try and take the seat cover off, add padding under the seat to raise it up with the passenger height, then try and have a friend reupholster it. Ambitious I know, but it'd save me a lot of discomfort.

The handling however is really great. I have two roundabouts on my way to work and have gone progressively faster and more leaned over after each commute. Running proper tire pressure has been a game changer for the handing too.