PDA

View Full Version : New member from Philadelphia, PA!!!

iamteeg
08-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Hi
I'm Tom. I'm a 24-almost-25-year-old continuing education student here in Philadelphia, PA studying Behavioral Health/Human Services at community college. I have been doing basic work on cars and motorcycles since I could drive/ride them. I have since gotten rid of my cars and my motorcycle due to moving into the city, and just got a scooter a few weeks ago.

Buying vehicles off of craigslist has been nothing but a nightmare for me. I bought my first car (a 96 cavalier) for $300, and had to put about $2k in repairs before trading it in for a shiny new Acura TL. I bought a Baja SC150 off of craigslist for $750 and have put $400 in repairs so far. But I think I have finally gotten it running. So I enthusiastically wish to become a good, active member of this forum so that I can learn about small-engine work and help others as I learn!

Thanks,
Tom

Admin
08-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the forum Tom, we are definitely glad to have you! :)

kz1000st
08-07-2014, 08:35 PM
The Baja SC150 was a badly maligned "Pep Boys" scooter. It will be interesting to see how it works out for you. If it already has 3100+ miles it can't be all bad.