PDA

View Full Version : setting valves?

moon rider
07-20-2014, 12:53 PM
hi every one need a little help I just got a new taotao ego 150 and I'm doing the pdi slowley so I don't miss anything and was wondering if the valves come pry set or should I set them I had it started and I could hear I tic in the valves + can anyone tell me what they should be set at thanks everyone for all the help this is my first scooter and I want to try and do it right thanks again

wheelbender6
07-20-2014, 03:47 PM
It wouldn't hurt to check them. Download a manual for GY6 engine maintenance for instructions. Not too tough on a single cylinder.

kz1000st
07-20-2014, 05:32 PM
The intake should be at .004 inch clearance, the exhaust at .005 inch. I just did it......again.

moon rider
07-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys I just took the carb off so I could take that plug for the air/fuel mix out can any body explains how to set the air/fuel mix I,v watched some vid but ? thanks again for all the help

RetroBrian
08-04-2014, 01:46 PM
I just spent the day yesterday doing all the service for my 2013 BMS myself. It just turned 600 miles so it was time for an oil and gear oil change. On top of that I decided to check the valves, change the gas and vacuum lines, and drill out the cap for the air/fuel. I used online videos on you tube and instructions here and another forum. I am only a driveway mechanic with the basic tools.

The only issue I found was in referenceto the valve adjustment. I looked tthrough the view window and lined up the marks as instructed. These were off. It was easier to use the holes on the timing gear. My valves were too tight. Adjusted them to .005...

I took the whole carb out and did a good cleaning and inspection. Followed the instructions found on line. Only issue.... drill slipped and went into my hand...oops.

Gas and Vacuum lines...just switched one at a time so I didnt screw them up.

Started right up. a few adjustments to the idle/fuel/air mixtures and she runs better than ever. I learned a lot.

Next project is variator weights to move my fat a$$ better.