PDA

View Full Version : New member from Peoria, AZ

PHXKSTM
07-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Hello all, my name is Joey and I have a scooter I like to ride. Been searching this forum for info for a while. Just recently bought a scoot, felt it was time to register.
I'm a chef by day, work at a bicycle/small engine repair shop in S Phx. Bob's Lock & Cycle. I have built custom lowrider bicycles for the last 20 yrs. Got into electric conversions on bicycles, wanted to do a scooter but got over it once I bought this running one. Has a hobby I build model cars. Got a wife and two kids. I like anything kustom with wheels. If you would by chance like to see my past builds just google my name or Phoenix Kustoms.
My intention on here is to get friendly advice and help. Hopefully find some locals with scoots has well. And to show off my new scooter builds. My scooter is a 2008 Adventure chinese 150cc. And just yesterday I bought two more scoots for plastic and parts.

Admin
07-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Very cool, welcome Joey! Glad to have you here. :)

Wrisberg
07-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Welcome mate! Phoenix, wrau! That's warm these days. Just returned from Scottsdale, moving there at some point in the near future. It's about 115 now right?
Great place to drive a scooter! Nice areas, specifically around sedona!

Great you are started on a life long scooter addiction!

Regards, Jonas, Denmark

Gimpdog
07-16-2014, 10:05 PM
We're glad you're on board. Welcome!!

PHXKSTM
07-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks gentlemen. Jonas its only 108 today nothin major. But the humidity is up.

the first pic is my rider. Second is parts for rider. Third scoot is fun mock up. I will be playing with this more

wheelbender6
07-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Joey. Your scoot looks like you are giving it the "busa" treatment.
There was a brit-com that aired on PBS for years called "Chef", starring Lenny Henry.
I watching a season of it on DVD last night. It may still air on BBC channel on occasion.

PHXKSTM
07-31-2014, 01:26 AM
I heard of the show never got to see it. Sat nights on pbs are the best with Lawrence welks and red green show.

Brockne55monster
12-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Looks pretty schweet.