PDA

View Full Version : 1p57qmj and carb problems.

rustyring
07-11-2014, 07:08 AM
I have been having a carb problem, i think. My little cousin brought me a scooter that i think has a GY6 engine. The scooter looks like it's been through heck. It's a 1p57qmj, with a deni?. 24mm carb with no accellerater pump, but it does have the air cutoff valve, and auto choke. I need to know exactly what engine it is, Because the compression test only shows 90psi. A couple of manuels i've read say's it should be 213psi, and the valves are set at .00197,,,,, i need to know exactly what size carb should be on it and should the carb have an accellerater pump. I have worked on a four stroke scooter carb before and it had an accellerator pump. After clening the carb twice and adjusting the float 5or 6 times. When i took the carb apart the first time someone adusted the float all the way up,or too high. The scooter acts like it's running out of fuel,,,,slow to rev up, but will idle fine. I adjusted the float by bench setting it with fuel where it should be. After i post this i'm going to try the carb again by setting the float a little higher. Also when i try to rev the engine i look in the carb with a mirror to see the slide go up and it sprays some fuel on the mirror. The slide looks like its going up fine. I'll stop here cause my mind might short out.
I don't know what kind of scooter it is cause the tag is gone and someone painted everything black. I can only find numbers on the frame.
Thank you guy's for any info.,,, and have a nice day.

Also the air box and emission stuff has been removed. Thanks for reading!
I just read somewhere on here a GY6 150cc has a 24mm carb. with a 115 main jet. I'm going to try a larger jet.
I also wanted to add that the needle valve in the carb. is a spring type and not the solid. Would that cause a problem with fuel level height? Right now when the tap that pushes the needle valve is parrellel with the float, the fuel level looks low in the carb.
A while back i put a carb. kit in a four wheeler. The kit came with a spring loaded needle valve. The carb. Had a solid needle. I had to reuse the solid needle cause the spring loaded would'nt work. The length differnce was too much. The tab on the float had to be bent too much to work. I'm thinking i'm having the same problem. Please some one help.
Thank you guy's for reading.