PDA

View Full Version : No headlight, tail light, or left blinker

Wd0afq
07-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Just replaced flasher module and got my right side blinking again. Left still no blink but all lights are good. Any ideas? Thinking about running a new wire from front to back.
Now, I also replaced headlight switch. I have "pass" light only. No hi no low, no tail, or license plate lights.
This is a 2006 LB150T-26. Has 16 inch tires. Chuanl
The left blinker has been out a yr. the right and headlight just died. The flasher module had been very hot and melted.
In rear, over back fender, there is a rectangular module with five wires plugged into it. Can't find it on wire diagram in book.
Have misplaced my cd with overhaul manual.
Any help appreciated.
Dan

Wd0afq
07-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Well, I found my shop manual on cd so maybe I can figure something out. Just weird the way these lights won't work.
Dan

Wd0afq
07-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Got the blinkers working. Bad socket.
The wiring coloring matches nothing in the manual so it is all ohm/voltmeter work here.
Makes no sense why I have no tail and license plate lights. I am sure they are tied to the voltage on hi/low switch somehow.
Oh well, will get back to it tomorrow.
Dan

Wd0afq
07-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Well, no luck here so I just continued to search and read. Nothing exactly like my problem of no lights but I got some kind of understanding of how things work. Ordered a voltage regulator and a cdi. Will see if one of those fix my problem. The low beam is burned out so found an h4 35 watt for five bux shipped. Grabbed that also. Hope to get parts by weekend and installed. Hate having that plastic lying all over my garage.
Dan

Wd0afq
07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
It ain't the cdi or voltage regulator. Not thinking the scooter lights are worth the price of a stator not knowing for sure that will fix the problem. It seems I am the first to have this exact problem since I am the only one replying to my posts. Hope this helps someone on down the line.
Dan

nwscooterboy
07-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Boy, I'd help you if I could...I have no idea.

I read on this forum somewhere that for whatever reason, women posting things get help quite a bit more then dudes. Maybe you should pretend you're a chick? LOL Good luck man.....

Wd0afq
07-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Ordered the puller tonight for 14.95 shipped. Guess I will pull the stator and see which one I need. Have found them for under 20 bux shipped. Getting to be an expensive fix but I have a bag full of good used parts. Need those lights as I ride grand kids on this thing.
Dan

Wd0afq
07-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Boy, I'd help you if I could...I have no idea.

I read on this forum somewhere that for whatever reason, women posting things get help quite a bit more then dudes. Maybe you should pretend you're a chick? LOL Good luck man.....

LOL. I bet you are correct. Post a pic of the wife mounted on the scooter, ha. I am spoiled by the motorhome community that I belong to, along with the vdub forum. Get five responses before I put in the last period. I suspect a lot of coming and going of members here but they are very regular daily posters on the other nets. We will get these lights working shortly.
Dan

nwscooterboy
07-08-2014, 12:33 AM
I think people might still be reeling from the 4th of July weekend and still getting back into the routine...I'm sure you'll get a lot of help soon.

Wd0afq
07-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Can't see which stator I have until I get the flywheel off. I am down to the wheel now. Hope the puller comes tomorrow, then I can count the coils and match pictures with my wire connectors, countinting the number of wires. Weird but you have to eyeball the new part to be absolutely sure you get the right one. Many dealers miss out with little information and no useable pictures of their products.
I hope this thread helps others. I will continue until this is fixed and will post the fix that worked before I close out this thread.
Dan,
With plastic and screws all over my garage floor

Madathlon
07-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Since I have gotten my Roketa I have learned one hard line fact. It shoddy work, cheap parts and even cheaper labor build these scooters.

I have found wires pinched, screws driven through wire and even a (+) wire for the headlights left hanging inches from the switch. It was never connected.

You are most likely looking for a wire that been cut or not even connected at all.

Wd0afq
07-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Since I have gotten my Roketa I have learned one hard line fact. It shoddy work, cheap parts and even cheaper labor build these scooters.

I have found wires pinched, screws driven through wire and even a (+) wire for the headlights left hanging inches from the switch. It was never connected.

You are most likely looking for a wire that been cut or not even connected at all.

Thanks. Everything has worked. I know about the shoddy stuff on some of these. I have replaced brake switches, master cylinder, carb enricher, and I can't think of what else. Owned it since 2007 when I bought it new to haul on back of our GMC coach. But, this has been toughest diagnosis for me. Installed the new headlight today. Now I am at least able to put plastic back on before I forget how it goes. Down to waiting on the flywheel puller. Even have the nut removed. Have to pull it to count the number of coils. There is nothing anywhere that tells me which stator to buy without looking at it. So, I am down to at least another week before I can get the stator. If that does not fix this light issue then these lights are going to be re wired to dc and I will go on. Should have done that in the beginning but did not realize what a snake pit I was in. I now think about the stinking headlight on this thing when I am trying to go to sleep sometimes, ha.
I will close this thread out next week or so hoping that I have helped someone on down the road.
Dan,
Took me two days to figure out the old forum was closed and had been moved

Wd0afq
07-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Got the 15 dollar wheel puller today. Used it for 20 seconds and snatched the flywheel. 6 coils, 3 wires, in a 4 wire plug, and two female single wires. Ordered. So, hoping later next week I get the 24 dollar stator and it fits and works. No other parts can be replaced. All connections were good. Promised my 4 year old grandson that we will be back on the road by next weekend. Will report back for the last report next weekend.
Dan

Wd0afq
07-17-2014, 01:53 PM
The six coil stator arrived yesterday. We are away in the motorhome. Hope to be home this weekend to install it and get the scooter back on the roads with lights.
Dan

Wd0afq
07-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Well, think it is time to start a new thread on this. I have lights when I am cranking but the engine will not start with new stator. So, now what? Will check all connections again tomorrow. Started and ran good on old stator, just no lights. I guess I might put old one back on to see if it will start. If it does, they sent me a bad part. Dog gone this has been a headache. At least I know the old stator was the problem with no lights.
I did get one back fire while cranking.
Dan

Wd0afq
07-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Got it going. Had the two wires crossed going from pick up to cdi.
Hope this thread helps someone down the road. It helped me just thinking things through. I think I spent about 70 bux for all of the new parts. If I had started with stator instead of ending there it would have only cost 24.00 plus five for new headlight and five for the flasher which was bad. Oh, still would have had to bought the wheel puller for 15.00. So, 49.00 was good money spent. Wasted was headlight switch, cdi, and voltage regulator, totaling 21.00. Still a lot less than taking it to a shop and I have some spare parts and a wheel puller for next time. I think the stator has always been weak. It never showed over half charge on the meter, now it reads almost full charge. Was hard to start, fires right up now, very little cranking. Would not start from elec starter after warmed up, just turned over. I had to kick it to start when it was hot. Now it fires right up just like when it's cold. So, this seems to have solved several issues.
Dan