PDA

View Full Version : High pitch whine when accelerating

gohonda
06-21-2014, 01:40 PM
What would cause a high pitched whine from an accelerating scooter? It's not happening to mine but I passed another scooter and it was making this awful sound. It was not a normal sound you want to hear from a bike.

Madathlon
06-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Anything from a gap in body panels to a bearing about to fail. sadly there just not enough info to give you a good answer.

gohonda
06-22-2014, 06:20 AM
The sound only happened when he was catching up to traffic. I didn't hear it when he was driving at a consistent speed or stopping. I wasn't beside him for long.

Madathlon
06-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Still not enough, location would help. (And not he was heading to McD) Like is it from the front end, or top of his helmet

Firehawk989
06-24-2014, 02:33 AM
Probably just the gears in the transmission. They whine a bit under load, some types make more noise than others.

cheapeto
06-24-2014, 08:57 AM
I was riding this past weekend with a bunch of rucks,groms,zuma's, I think it was a zuma 50 that when coming to a stop, or on the hard decelarations you do going down mountain roads,working the hairpins.
It would whine down.
The groms were absoluty awsome machines!!
If I was a younger man, this would be my choice for a small motorcycle as I do miss the gear changing at times.