PDA

View Full Version : CVT transmission issues

ktm450xcw
06-13-2014, 01:37 AM
So, I'm new here I've had my scooter for about a year, it had a rough life before I got it, and still doesn't have the greatest. it's a Schwinn Valo 150, which from the scooters I've looked at, most of these are all just GY6 motors, seems about everything is interchangeable. my wife has a jetmoto, and my buddy has a tank. acceleration/top speed/RPM seem to be the same on theirs, while my scwhinn seems to have a little higher top speed, way lower acceleration.
I replaced the rollers, (never weighed the old ones due to the fact that they had flat spots wore into them I didnt' figure I'd get an accurate weight) put some 10 gram weights in and nothing seemed to change. I also put the 1500 RPM springs in, and the only difference was the clutch engagement point, which I figured.
the belt seems to look good,(comparing it to snowmobile belts) everything looks well lubed, I just can't figure out how to get the acceleration out of the thing? what am I overlooking? any help would be greatly appreciated.

blueboy5000
06-16-2014, 08:05 AM
There should be NO lube present on any part of the CVT. I am confused as to what you mean by "well lubed".

I'd run heavier weights (12g) and replace the belt, even if it "looks fine" the belts stretch out and should be replaced every 3000 miles or so.