PDA

View Full Version : new belt now wont go putters help

rigger71
06-10-2014, 09:15 AM
hello so i put a new belt on after the old one broke. now when the tires are on the ground it runs rough and wont go . but if it goes down hill and gets so speed it runs fine. the only thing i can think is my variator is stuck unless someone can tell me something else. thought id have an easy belt change. help

rigger71
06-10-2014, 09:54 AM
im also having an issue getting the variator nut off even with an impact gun . any thoghts

cheapeto
06-10-2014, 10:22 AM
When I changed my belt, it took about 7-10 miles for sides of the belt to wear in to match my variator. Thats how it was explained to me by another BR owner.
I had thought I'd done something wrong, when I swapped it.
Once it run in, it went from herkyjerky to ZOOMIN, in a blink of an eye.

I had borrowed an electric impact from a friend, I just held it in place and let it BAPBAPBAP untill it broke the retaining nut free. It took a few minutes to loosen it.

Good luck.

rigger71
06-10-2014, 10:51 AM
ok but im still gonna check the rollers i just dont like the motor with no go and chocking act at low throttle ot go thanks anything still open mind

Firehawk989
06-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Remember that the variator nut is reverse thread! Righty loosey, lefty tighty!

If you got the wrong belt width (too wide) you would get poor takeoff. Also make sure all the rollers and variator parts are in position and in good shape.