PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with new BMS scooter 150cc

ScooterSteve
06-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Hi All,

I bought a new scooter online, had it delivered, put it together, rode it around the area to break it in and it was working fine. Started it up no problem on several occasions , I put 10 miles on it then I was going up a hill and it died on me and couldn't get it started. Now it will start and run for about 5 seconds and die. I can keep doing this with the same result. I tried pumping gas with the throttle and can keep it running, but once I let off the gas it will not idle and dies. I pulled the carburetor off and took it apart, nothing looks unusual, same with the enricher/auto choke.

Any ideas of what may be the problem would be greatly appreciated.

kz1000st
06-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Look for a loose, cracked, missing vacuum hose. The fact that it runs while cracking the throttle indicates a lean condition. If it was older I would have said "Check the valves" but ten miles is too new for that. Also as a shot, try changing the spark plug.

RetroBrian
06-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Check the spark plug cable too. My BMS s cable was touching a hot part of the cylinder and started to melt...thus grounding causing t to die. got a new cable and rerouted. solved

ScooterSteve
06-03-2014, 01:54 AM
Ok Thanks, I'll change the sparkplug and check the vacuum hoses.