PDA

View Full Version : New guy in the NH state

Zuma04
05-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Hello ScootDawg fellows, new fellow here from the NH area who got a 04 Zuma in which i would love to learn as much about the motor to build a torque scooter that will keep the speed limit no matter how the hill is. I want to learn and thanks for making this great Forum guys, its a pleasure.:scoot:

Admin
05-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Thank you for signing up, glad you made it! :)

Gimpdog
05-22-2014, 12:09 AM
Welcome aboard, zuma04! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

techie610
05-22-2014, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the Forums. :cheers:
Speed is one thing, but torque is a whole different animal.
Be hard, but doable

inuyasha
05-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
Keeping speed at a constant on an incline is going to take fine tuning of your CVT
Roller weights, clutch springs and maybe main gearing will have be be tailored to your specific performance needs
Performance clutches and variators can make a difference as well
It can be done with some time effort and new parts
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Zuma04
05-22-2014, 09:18 PM
:thanks:Wow Thank you y'all this is a sweet forum, Id love to work on my zuma and learn regular small engines like mowers wakers snow blowers ex. So Im sure to learn to fine tune the beast will take some good knowledge. I would start asking the best performance parts to start acquiring that will make her quicker and will be able to be tunable for that nice torque for up hills.

Thanks for all the sweet info that has me just thinking about building Bianca to be torque, I will like to also upgrade the braking sister since after going up hill i how down hill also. Oh and suspension. I hope im not adding to many things on to this introduction.:clap:

inuyasha
05-23-2014, 01:44 AM
:thanks:Wow Thank you y'all this is a sweet forum, Id love to work on my zuma and learn regular small engines like mowers wakers snow blowers ex. So Im sure to learn to fine tune the beast will take some good knowledge. I would start asking the best performance parts to start acquiring that will make her quicker and will be able to be tunable for that nice torque for up hills.

Thanks for all the sweet info that has me just thinking about building Bianca to be torque, I will like to also upgrade the braking sister since after going up hill i how down hill also. Oh and suspension. I hope im not adding to many things on to this introduction.:clap:
Hi
Your most welcome
It would be our pleasure to help you learn the skills needed to get the best performance from your scoot and keep her in tip top shape as well
I have a great passion for motorbikes of all makes and sizes and making them perform to their best
Heres my gallery of some of my past and present rides
http://www.scootdawg.net/album.php?albumid=9
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

thumper650
05-24-2014, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forum. I had a '04 Zuma and loved it.

Zuma04
05-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the forum. I had a '04 Zuma and loved it.

Thank you thumper, how the weather in MA? Hey did u build the 04 thumper and do i have some motor restrictions keeping me from getting all the WOT? I apreciate all of y'all inputs and welcomes, its very nice to meet people who are also pasionate about the scoot world since gass is becoming more expensive these days. :thanks:

mfrys
05-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Hello and welcome!