PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Alabama Gulf Coast

Scootn@50
05-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Greetings from Mobile, AL. I am located on the Alabama Gulf coast and new to the Scooter Community. I recently traveled to the Island of Koh Samui, Thailand for my 50th Birthday. It was an amazing time and I fell in love with riding scooters. We rented them while there as it is the main source of transportation on the island. Needless to say by the time I got home I had a serious itch that needed to be scratched. So I am now the proud new owner of a Honda PCX150. I have had it less than two weeks and already put over 1000 miles on it. LOL I am loving every second I get the chance to ride. It would be Great to meet and ride with others in and around the AL, FL or MS Gulf Coast. Hit me up if you are in the area and I would love to ride with you sometime. I have also created a group on Meetup.com for anyone in this area. Check it out and feel free to join even if you are not in this immediate area.

http://www.meetup.com/Gulf-Coast-Scooter-Riders/

Safe Riding To You All,
Scootn@50

Admin
05-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Scootn@50
05-21-2014, 03:39 PM
(((:

Gimpdog
05-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Welcome! We're glad you're here on SD.net!
Nice scoot and pic! Is that the bridge over Escambia Bay? Lived in Pensacola for 12 years. Loved to ride along the coast, especially around Spanish Fort...

Scootn@50
05-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Thank you Gimpdog. It's good to be on SD! That is actually the bridge that crosses over to Dauphin Island. One of my favorite places to ride and hang out. I love riding anywhere around the water. Where do you live now?

inuyasha
05-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
Sharp looking scoot very nice
May she bring you much enjoyment in the years to come
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Scootn@50
05-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Thank you Hank! :))

Gimpdog
05-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Thank you Gimpdog. It's good to be on SD! That is actually the bridge that crosses over to Dauphin Island. One of my favorite places to ride and hang out. I love riding anywhere around the water. Where do you live now?

I live around Raleigh, NC. While down your way, I'm sure that Dauphin Island was a destination at one time...