PDA

View Full Version : My Japanese 150cc. Won't Stay running?

Melvin1234
05-09-2014, 02:31 PM
I have A 2008' JMST FIJI 150 with about 1500 miles on it that refuses to stay running. It has been in storage for a couple of years. I've put fresh gas in, cleaned all the filters and lines the best I could with some carb and choke cleaner, taken off the air intake and sprayed out the carb best I could without removing it. It will start and Idol but as soon as I apply the throttle it dies? I've removed and cleaned the spark plug, replaced a few of the flimsy clamps with good hose clamps mainly around the fuel lines. Any info on my next plan of attack would be greatly appreciated!

:thanks: in advance Guys/Gals.

inuyasha
05-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
I would start by checking to see if your valves are adjusted properly
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

epyon96r
05-10-2014, 12:00 AM
^ valve adjust and you should open the carb to clean it, the jets have little holes that are usually culprits. Carb cleaner plus a small piece of wire to push the gunk out.

Melvin1234
05-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Got it going :-) thanks a bunch guys!
Ended up being a bad plug.

Robbro19
05-10-2014, 01:58 AM
id say take that carb out, only take me 5 min cause ive done it much. take the 4 screws off the float bowl and drench everything with carb cleaner. made a vid little but ago on taking out the carb (also shows changing the jets) but its pretty easy to take it out and put it back in. if that doesnt fit your prob, gotta be the valves like Hank said. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWRXfYWIOI