PDA

View Full Version : Scooter more practical than a car

Cubby1331
05-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I am not sure how many of you have seen this video. I thought this was pretty cool. How many of you would say its true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbN7ZQT32CE

Enjoy :scoot:

kz1000st
05-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I only know this. After years of riding I've noticed that my cars hang around longer because I let them sit while I ride. If the average driver does 12,000 miles a year then I've saved about 15 years of wear and tear on my cars in my life.

Sam
05-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Very interesting! I think that a scooter could most definitely be more practical than a car. It just depends on the overall situation. I would choose my scooter over a car just about any day.

Houndguy
05-07-2014, 05:50 AM
I know that my girlfriend became a one car family for about a year. During that time I rode my Kymco to work, to the store, out to events. It did take some getting used to but we were able to save money on gas and insurance. Plus, since my scoot was paid off we only had 1 car payment.

The problem with the video is that he is able to split lanes, etc. Not something that I can legally do here in Florida (nor do I recommend it). That saves times.

Gimpdog
05-07-2014, 06:40 AM
You guys are really gonna trust a guy that GoGo dances and says the "cah" has a "boot" and "bonnet"????? LOL.

Interesting vid. And he didn't even cover the pleasures of riding a scooter...

Cubby1331
05-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Well he is from New Zealand the home of Frodo Baggins

inuyasha
05-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi
Yes. ive seen and even posted that vidéo at the old scoot dawg
And i agréé with him 100% unless i need the additional storage and passenger space i would rather ride any of my scoots over any of my autos or truck
I can get there quiker easier and at a fraction of the fuel costs with the scoot
And the ride is much more enjoyable as well
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

yayforscooters
05-07-2014, 01:58 PM
What an interesting video. I agree with some of it. I have driven both and I much prefer my scooter over any car I have ever owned.