PDA

View Full Version : no head lights/

cuttyshark
04-24-2014, 12:59 AM
listen I am fed up with my scooter,to give you alittle history,I replaced the stator and a new (CDI ) also a new coil along with the wire and the plug.
I also putting brand new H.I.D. bulbs in the front.,

Now here's whats been going on with the no lights situation,The tail lights work and the signals front and back,but I can get the front lamps to burn at all they came on one time when I had put on a use stator when it was determined that the was no fire coming from the stator.but once again I replaced the stator brand new,along with the other parts that I just mentioned.The light still wont come on and it has a new rectifier also .,

It appears that something is causing my stators to burn out also the battery is also getting weaker too,causing me to have to charge it to start,or either get a jump from my truck,with out the motor running of course/ What can I do I am tired of paying people to work on my bike only to still be without lights .,

I am not going to ride the bike for fear that the stator will burn out again,I also have a new piston in it and rings,along with the head and jug.,

What can I do to resolve this issue ? Oh by the way I connected each wire that connects the pigs tail together from wire harness to the pig tail on the lights. This bike is a 150 wild fire R8 WHF, Thanks for your help.,

blueboy5000
04-24-2014, 07:10 AM
90% of the time a charging problem is the Voltage Rectifier/Regulator, not the stator.

EVERY time I have replaced a stator (which has only been three times, as stators are usually fine) I have also replaced the VRR.

Did you test the voltage at BATTERY WHILE RUNNING BEFORE you changed the stator? How did you conclude the stator was the issue?

After you replaced the stator, did you a) make sure you replaced the stator with THE SAME KIND OF STATOR you removed? Stators come in a few different configurations. b) did you replace the VRR with a VRR that is SPECIFICALLY FOR THE STATOR YOUR HAVE INSTALLED? VRRs are not all the same, you cannot use, for example, a 6 pole stator and an 11 pole VRR.