PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum and fuel lines

RetroBrian
04-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Ive had my scoot for about 3+ months now. I bought it new. It now has 350 miles. I've changed out the oil and gear oil at both 100 and 300 miles for break in. I changed out the CDI to an after market and coil and wire. The only issue I am really having is ...I dont think the auto choke is working right. it turns off too soon before the engine is warm enough to not stall. I want to change out all the fuel and vacuum lines. What size and how much should I need...length wise.

2013 BMS Chelsea 150cc GY6 clone

Frank Castle
04-14-2014, 02:04 PM
3/16" for the fuel line, dont know about the vacuum line thou, havent change that YET as far as length goes you have measure the old hoses with the new hoses, i just ordered a fuel line and it comes with 3 ft. but if i need more i will just reorder

scooter
04-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Also, the choke may not be working properly if your idle mixture isn't right. I would make sure that's dialed in so you can trouble shoot your original problem, then move on the hoses. That way if changing the hoses creates a problem you're not chasing your tail with 2 different problems. One old problem and one new problem.

RetroBrian
04-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Good idea. I went to the dealer I bought it from. We are going to make an appointment under the warranty. Ill let them play with the idle

kz1000st
04-19-2014, 06:51 PM
The people at BMS usually order their scooters from China with better quality materials. It's why they cost a few hundred more than comparable models. You might try running a little Seafoam or fuel system cleaner. It is always possible that a bad batch of fuel found its way into your scooter and micro crud is leaning out the fuel flow. Just a thought.

RetroBrian
04-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Funny I just tried that before reading this. Putting some through it right now. Also... The air/fuel screw is capped and I cant get to it. Is the screw under that cap.... and does the cap come off so I can adjust?

blueboy5000
04-21-2014, 08:03 AM
Funny I just tried that before reading this. Putting some through it right now. Also... The air/fuel screw is capped and I cant get to it. Is the screw under that cap.... and does the cap come off so I can adjust?

On a BMS yes. The a/f mixture screw is under that cap. You might have to CAREFULLY drill a small hole in it and pry the cap out.