PDA

View Full Version : New to the scooter world!

Ricemanstm
04-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Hey gang!

I just bought a TaoTao Lancer...150cc. I know what I'm getting into but I just wanted something to get my feet wet, but something that I would be able to take out and do errands with and go to work.

Anyway...that being said I've been reading that I should upgrade some items on the Lancer...hoses, plug, etc. Anybody out there got a list of recommendations of what I should do? Preferably with brand names and links? I'm already looking at the spark plug considering that I had to reseat it and reconnect the plug wires. But I think that's more about the dealer's "mechanic"... :-\

Forgive any remedial questions or info requests...as I am "that n00b"...

Thanks everyone!

techie610
04-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the Forums.
And Congrats on the new ride.
:cheers:

inuyasha
04-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
A Full Pdi is highly recomended
http://x1scooters.com/pdi.html
Take care and ride safgely
Yours Hank

Ricemanstm
04-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks techie610! Glad to be here!

Inuyasha...that link was EXACTLY what I was hoping for!!

Gentlemen...I salute you.

Gimpdog
04-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Hey, there!! Why don't you introduce yourself in the Intro Section so evereyone can say "Hi"?

Cubby1331
04-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Im new here too and I am buying parts before I buy my scooter. I found this place called bikebandit.com to be the best place for parts. Helix makes great hoses. I found an NGK spark plug at my local auto parts store for less than $2.50. Oil you can buy there too just make sure for the break in period its just regular plain oil not full synthetic. After a break in period you can switch to a full synthetic. I cant wait to get mine it will by my birthday present to myself. Just I am not excited to go to the DMV. Just remember when you ride to increase your chance of being seen and always wear a helmet.

Cubby1331
04-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Hey can I also ask you how tall you are cause this was also one if the bikes I was looking at between the TaoTao Evo/Lancer. I am roughly 6'2 so a little taller than avg. If you are near my height how do you feel its for a taller person?