PDA

View Full Version : Scooter Scooters Everywhere

Cubby1331
04-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Was wondering my fellow members how ofter do you see other scooter riders in your area. Not motorcycles just other scooters. Just was wondering cause I do not see many where I live in Metro-Detroit. Everyone likes their Chevy/Chryslers/Fords. Well at least I will be the only one :scoot: around town

Gimpdog
04-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Check out the Detroit Rovers Scooter Club FB:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rovers-Scooter-Club/84275030981

Enjoy!!!

Cubby1331
04-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Awesome thanks

Houndguy
04-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Was wondering my fellow members how ofter do you see other scooter riders in your area. Not motorcycles just other scooters. Just was wondering cause I do not see many where I live in Metro-Detroit. Everyone likes their Chevy/Chryslers/Fords. Well at least I will be the only one :scoot: around town

http://www.examiner.com/topic/scooter

I see a lot of bikes and scooters here in Florida. Of course we have a year round riding season too. :cheers:

Gimpdog
04-13-2014, 11:14 AM
http://www.examiner.com/topic/scooter

I see a lot of bikes and scooters here in Florida. Of course we have a year round riding season too. :cheers:

And, Of Course, you just had to rub it in, didn't you?? :D

Cubby1331
04-13-2014, 12:25 PM
I can ride year round here in Michigan. I just dont have a death wish. :D

Gimpdog
04-13-2014, 02:01 PM
I can ride year round here in Michigan. I just dont have a death wish. :D

Hahaha! Yeah, 27 degrees was my limit because of Black Ice....

Frank Castle
04-13-2014, 04:47 PM
here in miami, its always riding season due to the weather, i see scooters everywhere in miami and especially south beach. i havent seen a ruckus yet or havent seen a modded gy6 yet as well. the problem is that there isnt alot of scooter mechanic shops. thats the down side and thats why im doing all my scoot jobs myself

Gimpdog
04-13-2014, 05:07 PM
As cold as NY State can be, Fla. can be just as hot. I've baked on my rides for many a year down there. Once my CX 500 overheated in Orlando while I was stuck in a jam on I4...

In N Carolina, we get the hotness and the coldness-- The worst of both environments. LOL

novaraptor
04-14-2014, 10:32 AM
hardly less than two on a ride to or from work, usually around 5 or 6, though. And that is rain or shine in Vegas.

Firehawk989
04-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Lots around here! Most don't wave back though, there are a lot of snobs in this city.

However, I did recently go to a scooter club meet, we had 40+ riders there and some really cool custom scoots!

Gimpdog
04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Raleigh has a lot of scooters zipping on by the cars, but most of them don't have plates on them, so they are the 50cc types...

ng5y
04-15-2014, 08:55 PM
All depends on the temperature. 70*F and above they start coming out of the wood work.
50*F and below only those with no other option ride.

mamascoot
04-18-2014, 12:37 PM
I work at a university so I see quite a few scooters in the summer. Students find it cheaper to ride their scooters than a car for the short distance from their apartment to school.

Gimpdog
04-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Lots around here! Most don't wave back though, there are a lot of snobs in this city.

However, I did recently go to a scooter club meet, we had 40+ riders there and some really cool custom scoots!

I see that quite often in scoots compared to cycles. We don't have the sense of a community among scooters yet. That's why we have forums and clubs and such to bring scooters together. Funny, though, I have seen Harley riders acknowledge scooters with waves. Who'd have thunk it???

Irish
08-02-2015, 12:13 PM

I see a lot of motorcycles & scooters around the Melbourne Florida area. There are MANY repair shops & Dealers around here , that probably is part of the reason but I see a lot of BOTH in other areas also.:tup: Irish

Irish
08-02-2015, 12:20 PM
I have found the same thing! It seems like more motorcyclists wave than scooter riders do. That's just what I've noticed around THIS area. Irish

Modene
08-02-2015, 12:34 PM
In the last year I've only seen 5 but I know there must be more because just the dealer I bought my Smax from sells a lot of scooters. The DFW area has many types of scooter dealers. There has to be Thousands of scooter around this area I've just haven't seen many. Most smaller scoot won't be driving on these crazy Interstates , toll roads, very crowed Hwy's. There are many ways to get around & out of this area with having to be around that 70+ mph Cagers. :scoot:

Irish
08-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Sometimes I think that it has to do with the climate. In N.H.-I saw a lot of motorcycles but VERY few scooters. In Florida I see both but I would say more scooters.:hmm: Irish:scoot:

Irish
09-11-2015, 12:00 PM
I see that quite often in scoots compared to cycles. We don't have the sense of a community among scooters yet. That's why we have forums and clubs and such to bring scooters together. Funny, though, I have seen Harley riders acknowledge scooters with waves. Who'd have thunk it???

I just received the NEW HOG magazine. In it there is an article on waving. It says that no matter what is being ridden (even scooters ), you should ALWAYS wave because there is a brotherhood among riders! I ride a 2006 Sportster 1200 W/ trike kit & I have noticed that it's usually scooter riders that don't wave back. Not all but the majority.:shrug::hmm: Irish:scoot::nuts: