PDA

View Full Version : CF Moto 150 E-Charm Shock/Suspension Question

walt
04-09-2014, 07:55 PM
When I go over a bump and my suspension compresses, it locks in the compressed position. Once this happens, I have no movement in my rear suspension. I'm not sure if the shocks or the rear fork is locking up. Any help would be appreciated.

DaveC
04-09-2014, 10:16 PM
http://www.alpha-sports.com/cfmoto_parts.htm?fpg=/cfmoto/2008-2011%20E-CHARM(EFI)/40.htm
Not normal
How do you get it back to a normal position?
Loosen the rear fork and see if it rotates back to normal position?

Shocks are $40 ea, gotta trouble shoot to see if its the shocks or fork

walt
04-10-2014, 06:35 PM
I just lift up on the rear end, by grabing the side of the rear rack mounting bar, and I hear a pop and the rear of the scooter raises up and the rear suspension works fine, until I hit a good bump again. It is definetely the rear, not the front fork. I just disconnected the shocks and put the scooter up on the rear stand. I then pressed up and down on the rear and it swings freely up and down for a 8" range. What would cause the shocks to bind up when I hit a bump??? I ride two people on the scooter, myself and my wife and we are at the weight limit of the scooter. Are there heavy duty shocks? Thanks

walt
04-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Just figured out the problem and the cause. The shocks were bent. I travel around the country in my fifth wheel RV and I carry the scooter on a rack on the front of my truck. I ratchet down the scooter, using the suspension to keep pressure on the straps. I must have ratcheted down the rear of the scooter too tight and bent the shock rod. I was actually able to straighten out both shock rods and the suspension works perfectly. Thanks