PDA

View Full Version : gas in oil - Jonway yy250 54b

maddlibb
04-09-2014, 12:13 PM
About a month ago, while riding my horse power died but engine was running. I turned it off but would not turn over, Looked like oil shooting out of carb drain hose and a sealed gasket area right by the drain hose. I checked the oil and it looked over filled but smelled like gas and was very runny. I took the body apart, changed the oil, tried to turn it on, when it tries to turn over it shoots gas out of carb drain line. I m going to remove and clean the carb, maybe just a stuck float, but Im trying to figure out how gas got in the oil.

Anyone had a similar experiance? Its getting warm here and I want to get back on the road!

scooter
04-12-2014, 05:46 PM
If you're running way rich, such as stuck float as you mentioned, it can fill the cylinder with fuel and get into your oil. I changed my oil when my float stuck because it did smell of fuel. DId you get this issue worked out I can't let a fellow Austinite hang like that. I'm in S.A. but was born and raised in Austin until leaving for the military. Now I'm back.

maddlibb
04-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Thanks Scoot, I removed the carb, removed the bowl, float looks good. My scoot only has 3K on it so carb shouldnt be too dirty...anyway, hooked everything back up. Tried to start and gas came pouring out the drain tube. Back to the drawing board. I guess I can remove the bcarb again and check the needle make sure there are no clogs in the emultion tube. Im thinking because of the way it orginally lost power that it may have a bigger issue than just the carb.

scooter
04-14-2014, 08:29 PM
I never found a problem with my carb after taking it apart. I know the float stuck and that was with around 200 kilometers. I took it apart, did absolutely nothing to it, put it back together and it's been fine. I didn't see anything obvious. I didn't even adjust it. While yours was off did you check to make sure the float is closing the needle when it's about perfectly horizontal? Did you remove the needle and look to make sure the rubber end wasn't distorted? Does this hog have a fuel pump?