PDA

View Full Version : New Bike New Parts

Cubby1331
04-08-2014, 05:12 PM
I have done some research and most people on youtube say that you should upgrade the fuel/Air hoses as well as ignition coil and spark plug to start. I have two questions.

1) What are some reliable websites I can order these items from that you guys have used in the past.

2) What type of gear/motor oil is the best to use for a Tao Tao 150cc. I ask this because I have herd multiple answers for this. I know the viscosity is different from each weight. I ask because my expertise is in cars not so much bikes. If you could point me in a direction that would be much appreciated

:thanks:

-Robert

Rhompin45
04-09-2014, 01:49 AM
For parts I like scrappydogscooters the hoses I just get at a local auto parts store. For oil I just use castrol 10w 40 motorcycle oil. But since the clutch is external I don't think motorcycle oil is neccesary. But your talking 3/4 of a quart to change it. so for me I just do it. I just used what ever gear oil I had for my jeep rear end I don't know the recommended weight for that. And that's literally like 3 ounces per change