PDA

View Full Version : TaoTao question

Cubby1331
04-07-2014, 10:15 PM
So I have watched videos about the chinese scooters as well as read about them. I know people said they are not bad if you wish to do work yourself. That is no problem to me since I have a plethora of tools as well as knowledge since I worked as a Mercedes mechanic.

My question is I have narrowed my choices down to the TaoTao Atm 150 and the Powermax. The only difference I have really found is the body style the guts look like they are the same. If there was a scooter store near me I would gladly try them both out but since I cant I have decided to ask my fellow scooter lovers.

I am 6'2 so I was wondering which one is a better fit for someone a little taller. I dont plan on having anyone riding with me just myself. If anyone could help me and tell me their experiences about being tall and owning/riding these scooter models. If you have any other 150cc scooters from TaoTao that are better for a taller rider that would be very helpful.
Thanks guys

-Robert :thanks:

blueboy5000
04-08-2014, 07:35 AM
The Powermax should suit you fine.

ng5y
04-15-2014, 09:37 PM
I match you on size. I have the TaoTao EVO ATM 150 and I find it fits me well. Never even sat on on the of the Powermax bikes but I had the same observations you did. I don't know why there is a $100 difference. Perhaps the dealer can explain the difference.