PDA

View Full Version : Toa Toa Evo headlight adjustment

scooter
04-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Hello. I posted awhile back about my headlight being to low among a few other questions. http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=54007 It's the ONLY thing I hated about my scooter. So I took it apart today to shim the headlight assembly. Behold, I found the adjustment. It's a bright silver screw with a bright silver washer set dead center between the headlights on the backside of the black headlight assembly plastic. It's accessible from the front of the bike with a Philips head screw driver. You have to reach underneath the headlight above the front fender. If you're in front of the bike looking back the Philips head of the screwdriver will be pointing at your chest and the handle of the screwdriver will be between your forks. It will adjust up and down. I haven't found a windage adjustment but don't really need it. Hope this helps, the Tao Tao is a great bike. With my mods I've got a really smooth running reliable machine at just shy of 1000 klicks.

CarefulRider
04-24-2014, 08:51 AM
You lucky devil you! I have just the opposite symptom: my scoot's lights point into the trees, even after I have adjusted them to the max permissible by the screw adjuster. I have resorted to putting layers of adhesive tape between the bulb holder & the bulb holder housing, to shim it down, so-to-speak, so that now the lights are pointing at the tree trunks, instead of the leaves higher up!

Some day, with probably a 1/8" thick layer of tape acting as a shim, I shall be able to see the road in the dark, instead of navigating by the stars!

I wish you trouble-free riding for the next 9,000 klicks!

scooter
04-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Interesting fix. I'm at 1400 now and no problems. I love this little thing. I'm looking for a bigger one so I can make longer faster trips. I would like to tinker with the Evo. It's a cool looking bike so I'd like to stretch it, slam it about 2 inches, and change the seat configuration and add pegs so I can posture like my sport bike riding days.