PDA

View Full Version : Headlight problem

Rxguy667
04-06-2014, 11:06 AM
I can't seem to get my headlights working. New bulbs, signals work, all though the back ones are reversed. Brake light, but no running light. The taillight running light is on, but it's so dim it's barely burning. Also I don't have a horn. The hi beam light doesn't light up on the dash either. Possible grounding issue? I've had this thing completely apart and didn't notice anything disconnected.

What do you think? :s

Thanks
Daniel

techie610
04-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Check all ground connections. They are usually very cheaply done on Chinese bikes. I soldered all the connecting on my entire bike once.
If not a grounding issue, then I would replace the voltage regulator.
...First check to make sure its still mounted.. Had 1 fall off before.

Rxguy667
04-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Is there a way to check the regulator? I don't have a lot of money to spend, don't wanna buy something that isn't needed

scooter
04-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Check this out. http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52770&highlight=check+regulator
I would be checking grounds as stated above too. You ever heard of "Loose lips sink ships"? Well Loose grounds cause gremlins. Yes, I made that up realize it doesn't rhyme. But you get the point. I once chased down various problems on my powerstroke for a week to find a loose ground on the firewall. It was wreaking havoc.

Rxguy667
04-08-2014, 09:25 PM
This should be very helpful! Thank you! How many grounds are there on these scoots? I only know of two on the body. If you know that would be cool, if not I can just rip it apart again and start looking lol.

I noticed the person who made that post was banned lol. Hopefully not from false knowledge! :P

Rxguy667
04-23-2014, 07:00 PM
As it turns out, the bulbs were bad, I put a new bulb in, and it works. But it is very dim just like the running light, and doesn't seem to get brighter upon acceleration. I'm going to replace the rectifier first. Just because it's cheap. Any other ideas? I know my stator is good, keeps the battery charged no problem.

Cubby1331
04-23-2014, 09:12 PM
If you have a volt meter you can check the voltage running to the bulb sockets. I'd start from there cause it's pretty easy to check since you already have access to the bulbs

Rxguy667
04-24-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm showing about 4-5 volts from the headlight connecting harness. At idle

Rxguy667
04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
My grounds are tight and look clean, checked them all with a multimeter, and even added a extra ground, (not sure if they will really help but it can't hurt ;) )