PDA

View Full Version : Temp Gauge

terry phillips
03-29-2014, 09:49 AM
can any one help,my temp gauge is not working and I am not sure if that will also stop the fan engaging when hot.
it is on My Linhai 260

Rhompin45
03-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Is it water cooled or just air cooled with a fan. There should be a thermostat of some sort which detects temp. The gauge is just a visual. At least that's how it is on cars

finaljudgement
03-29-2014, 12:39 PM
On my Piaggio Beverly there is a thermal switch that turns on the electrical fan. The temp light is controlled by a thermistor. A thermistor is made of material that has lower impedance the hotter it gets. The temp gauge is calibrated with the change in impedance.

Finaljudgement

terry phillips
03-30-2014, 05:37 AM
Thanks Guys,I checked the fuses could not find a blow fuse so I just shook all the plugs I could find and what do you know it is now working.

novaraptor
04-01-2014, 06:00 PM
On the Linhai 257, the connector for the dash temperature gauge is on the top of the engine, right side. The connector is very thin and often loosens up. Just pull it off, pinch it a little between thumb and forefinger and push it back on the contact. If it is loose, you will get a) no reading, b) regular reading, or c) somewhere in between, or all three at different times. It doesn't affect the fan at all...

skuttadawg
04-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Then fan should turn off or on by the thermostat not the temp gauge . Get some Engine Ice or other coolant made for motorcycles rather than automotive type since small engines run at higher RPMs and temps than cars do . Also a full synthetic oil will help it run cooler than dino oil .