PDA

View Full Version : Ncy 61mm bolt on upgrade.

James2132
03-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Hello, I'm trying to get my scooter parts together to make my scooter run faster. I have a 150cc taotao evo scooter. The parts I plan on ordering are a ncy 61mm cylinder, a 26mm howhit carburetor with a 120 main jet, Koso proformance variator, a9 camshaft and 15'38 racing gears. So what do yall think of this setup? Anything I need to change? Thanks.

Rxguy667
03-26-2014, 12:18 PM
With running a big bore and upping the fuel, you need to add a more free flow exhaust :)

inuyasha
03-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to met you
Do one modification at a time if you do too many at once and problems arise it will be hard to figure out the problems if too many things where changed at the same time
On jetting the 120 may be a little large and your not bound to get it with the first jet size out try to ,get a few different sizes. As you won't know until you mod an part try a size and see if its the right one to get a proper air/fuel mix
The 26 km carb is as little large as well try a 22 or 24 mm instead
With the 61 mm piston you will half to crack the case and their will be some machine work that will need to be done boring out the cylinder etc,, largest you can go with out the extra workn is 59 mm
If you go with the performance variator and cam better get a performance clutch and crankshaft as well to handle the added power
Also be pr prepared to rebuild the engine on a regular basis and that it may not be as reliable as a stock engine over time
Best of luck with the upgrades
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

James2132
03-26-2014, 12:54 PM
The ncy 61mm is bolt on which size jet should I start out with?

inuyasha
03-26-2014, 01:05 PM
The ncy 61mm is bolt on which size jet should I start out with?

H
As to jets get from around 100 and up be sure to get a few different sizes
Yours Hank

James2132
03-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Ncy makes a special 61mm that's bolt on. A lot of folks have used it and I know for a fact it's bolt on. It's just so hard Tryna get all the right parts to make it work right. Jet sizes eexhaust etc...

inuyasha
03-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Ncy makes a special 61mm that's bolt on. A lot of folks have used it and I know for a fact it's bolt on. It's just so hard Tryna get all the right parts to make it work right. Jet sizes eexhaust etc...

Hi
I see that now that I researched it' I was unaware of that kit
Its a matter of making a mod seeing how it goes and then if it works out properly and to your needs then moving on to the next
Its going to be a lot of trial and error im sorry to say
I've built 4 bbk scoots over the past few years and what worked well with one did not always work well with. another
Yours Hank

James2132
03-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Oh almost forgot do i need a new valve head or will my stock one work. And I want to add a uni air filter but what do i do with the old hose that goes into the air hose??

Rhompin45
03-27-2014, 01:27 AM
When I added my uni I just put one of the little baby filters on that hose. It's just a vent. And for jet size it's really hard to just get one it depends on elevation also. You could try a 120 and if it bogs down mid throdle the go a size smaller . Just keep reading your spark plug till it looks good.

Rhompin45
03-27-2014, 01:30 AM
Here is a start. http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp?mode=nml