PDA

View Full Version : carb tune idle mixture desmog main jet 150cc

scooter
03-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Hello. The title is to hopefully help people when they do a search on the topic. I'm new to the forum and have experienced very little feedback to my posts. The forum has a wealth of information but it's not always easy to find through the search box. I have answered most of my own posts, but all the answers in the world don't help anyone if they can't find it. I'm just trying to help because I really like my scooter and hope to assist others when they have problems and want to throw their hands up. If you have suggestions about any of this please put in your input. Ok, Tao Tao Evo 150. Bone stock. Ran great. At 500 Kilos I adjusted both valves to .004. She started falling on her face 50% throttle and above. Still ran good but I could "feel" her winded. Poured the coals to it WOT (Wide Open Throttle) coming up the street and hit the kill switch. Coasted in the garage, let it cool, then pulled plug. Very lean, white as a ghost. Stock main jet was 105. Ordered and installed 115 main jet. Ran MUCH better, not as much lag after 50% throttle. Right after that I desmogged. That means I removed and capped all of my smog equip mainly because the fuel tank vent filling the canister, which then makes it's way into the vacuum line, and enrichens mixture to the point of a no run except WOT. After I desmogged I ran it again, appeared to be on the lean side with a little more "fall on your face" after 3/4 throttle than before desmogging. Still better than it was with 105 jet, but not quite as good as 115 jet before desmog. So again I poured coals, coasted in garage, plug is white but not as bad as before installing the 115. Adjusted mixture screw, directions here http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52635&highlight=fuel+mixture+screw and ran it again. Now I have a little less "falling on face" over 50% throttle and a little brown on the ceramic insulator. Good! I plan on ordering a 120 jet to see how it reacts and I'll post results. Some folks have stock scooters running 105 jets with no problems and others are running 115's at relatively same altitudes. Our scooters are different, like twins if you will. Some have timing slightly more advanced or retarded than others. Some come in the crate with different size main jets. Point is you have to tune your scooter when you get it and your scooter may run exactly the same as mine with different jet sizes and mixture screw turns. So use the information you find as a guide. Don't read one post about your scooter and take it as gospel. Running a 120 in mine may run great, you have the same scooter and may need a 110. I don't know. Hey man, they're Chinese!

scooter
03-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Shimmed main jet needle with the hat of a pop rivet. It runs real good now with a brownish tint on the plug. Will probably try a 120 as WOT isn't quite where it needs to be yet.