PDA

View Full Version : Short case vs long case.

Rxguy667
03-13-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm gonna assume I'm correct here but as I've never dealt with a short case before I'm still learning.

It's not possible to switch out a short case 150cc motor with a long case 150cc is it?

Thanks

Daniel

techie610
03-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Actually, its not hard to do the swap. As long as the hangers are the same, should be no big issues. Might need to buy longer rear shocks, though.

Rxguy667
03-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Have you done one before or something? I'm tryingn to find the cheapest route from replacing the entire rear end bearings and rim. For around $100. Or buy a motor for $100 that's near me. Plus have the 13" rim. Cause I hate 10s

inuyasha
03-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Have you done one before or something? I'm tryingn to find the cheapest route from replacing the entire rear end bearings and rim. For around $100. Or buy a motor for $100 that's near me. Plus have the 13" rim. Cause I hate 10s
Hi
Theres no easy way to tell without knowing more info, we would need to know the measurements of the components to see if they could fit
We would need to know what brand and model your scooter is and also the brand and model that the scooter the engine came from that you wish to use
If you had 10s and want to go to 13 it may not be possible there could be clearance issues
And if it is you may need to fabricate new mounts and do some extensive modifications to both the front and back of your scoot
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Rxguy667
03-14-2014, 06:34 PM
They look almost identical, and my 150 is pretty big bodied, I'm gonna buy the motor anyway, if it don't fit Ill just use the bearings from it and leave the rest for spare parts. I got a friend who needs a motor. Use the bearings then sell him the remainder and he can put two to make one. One motor bringing back two scoots into the world! :D

Rxguy667
03-21-2014, 09:35 AM
what is difference on the long case vs the short case? Basically my transmission is junk, but it runs good, 1200 miles. My buddy has a motor that is junk, cam shattered, valves, piston, all junk. Is it possible to switch out everything from the cvt cover over? Like use his long case cvt set up with my short case motor? Or could he just use my internals? I have the 157qmj motor and he has a 1p57qmj. I know the heads were differnt on those motors. But is it possible to make two into one?

Rxguy667
03-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Well the long case motor is on, had to use the short case motor mount, the cvt side suspension bolted up, the right one rubs the tire, gonna have the mount moved so I can have both shocks. But all in all, it was a fairly easy swap, it runs like a champ, just need to finish a few little things and she will back on the road! :clap:

inuyasha
03-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Well the long case motor is on, had to use the short case motor mount, the cvt side suspension bolted up, the right one rubs the tire, gonna have the mount moved so I can have both shocks. But all in all, it was a fairly easy swap, it runs like a champ, just need to finish a few little things and she will back on the road! :clap:

Hi
Outstanding
So very glad to see it all worked out well for you
Take care and ride safely my friend
Yours Hank

Rxguy667
03-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Thanks, it was a fun experience, only thing I don't like is the wheel sits about a inch or tow to the right from center. also I will have to use a long rear brake cable, luckily the motor came with one.

Daniel