PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Roketa repair help

Mcdanielak
03-11-2014, 06:38 PM
My husband bought a Roketa MC 54 250B and the rear tire blew about 10 minutes into our ride home. We are replacing it and while putting the bike back together the two brackets where the bolts that hold the muffler and swing arm go sheared off. Both of them. He is not mechanically inclined and I am only a bit more so than he, but I call everything thingy. WHAt is the piece called. I have the very distinct feeling it's the engine or at least the engine housing, but I am not certain. I am attaching two photos. Please tell me we do not have a very heavy $800 paper weight.

4getful2
03-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Possibly, but first you may want take it to a welding shop, one that can weld aluminum, and see if they can repair that area. good luck.

DaveC
03-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Yea
That be the engine block

But, like 4get said, a good aluminimuminumminn welder should be able to weld the busted part back on, or, weld a clump (official welding term) in there and then tap it.

or make a new muffler bracket and attach it somewhere else
I would say that bolt on the left, but that looks like a drain plug

let us know what happens

ellis4pa
03-13-2014, 08:54 PM
As a welder myself the easiest way would be to cut the leftover stub off and weld a nut that matches the bolt in its place.
Change your oil immediately after, the heat from the welding will ruin the oil.

techie610
03-14-2014, 12:22 AM
As a welder also, I second ellis' solution.