PDA

View Full Version : Rear end bearings

Rxguy667
03-10-2014, 07:56 PM
I bought a shanghai shenke two days ago, test road it and it was spitting like crazy, bought it anyway. Turned out to be a sparkplug wire, (simple enough) after a short ride I noticed the bearings in the back didn't sounds so good, I decided to go home and check the gear oil (should have done that first) well about 1 mile from home the bearings came apart, locked the gears and the instant stop shattered my wheel.:yay: turns out there wasn't a single drop of gear oil in it... I want to replace all the bearings and the cover (for good measure) I saw 5 bearings I need to replace, any more? Any one know a good place to get them all cheap? Also gonna need another 10" rim if anyone has one laying around for a short case motor they wanna sell...

Thanks, :thanks:

Daniel

Rxguy667
03-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Guess I shoulda mentioned this was a 150cc 157qmj

Rhompin45
03-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Your best bet is scrappydogscooters.com they have pretty much everything possable. I can't seem to buy anything online so I just call them and tell them what I need they are very helpful. There business hours kinda suck is the only downside open at 8 or 9 am and close at 3pm. They are based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. Mountain time.

Rxguy667
03-10-2014, 10:53 PM
I've bought from them before, but I couldn't find bearings... They have some great prices tho. I really need to call them up. I don't think I saw a 10" rim either. I'm gonna check again :D

scooter
03-11-2014, 08:31 PM
If you can't find them and have just one good one left you can call a bearing place and they'll make them. Here in central Tx we use Capitol Bearing in San Antonio. That may not help you wherever you're at but you get my drift.

Rxguy667
03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Scrappy dog is assisting me in getting the bearings I need :) thanks guys. You can close the thread now.

Thanks

Daniel