PDA

View Full Version : crashed scooter replacement

ventoman
03-06-2014, 11:42 PM
On valentines day I was rear ended by a distracted driver and my Tao Tao daily driver was completly destroyed. To replace it I have been looking at a Q-LINK Hawk 50. I am intrested that it is a liquid cooled engine with a 3 valve head. Is it a yamaha clone engine of sorts? Any body know if they are good or bad? I have not found out a whole lot on line about them. Thanks.

inuyasha
03-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Hi
So sorry to hear about your accident I hope you are allright
Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but
There specs are wrong the Qlink hawk 50 is not lc but aircooled and does not have a 3 valve head as it uses a2 stroke engine and those use reeds and not valves it is a typical minarelli clone
Here is there video straight from the site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbZNKJIdPHk
You cant always trust the online specs as they do make mistakes when posting them sometimes
On a plus note it is a 2 stroke and imho if your gonna get a 50 cc scoot a 2 stroke is the way to go
Take care and ride safely my friend
Yours Hank

ventoman
03-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Thank you Hank. I was not injured however it was a miracle. The car hit me hard enough to destroy my scooter completely and disable the car which had to be towed away. My local dealer has QLINK Hawk 50. It is indeed a 50 cc liquid cooled 4 stroke engine. Most interesting. I asked the dealer about that. He said that yes the QLINK Hawk 50 were indeed 2 stroke minerrelli type motors previously. But the 2 stroke could not pass the EPA standards no longer. So they are now being phased out. Which in my opinion is a shame cause 2 strokes rock.

ng5y
03-12-2014, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=ventoman;525720]On valentines day I was rear ended by a distracted driver and my Tao Tao daily driver was completly destroyed.

I am so very glad that it was not you who were destroyed. I guess the insurance company got the remains of your scooter. Would think even the carcus would be good as a parts donor to someone. especially the engine.

:tdown: