PDA

View Full Version : GY6 150 fuel leak

DelMar
02-28-2014, 03:31 AM
I have a Znen 150TE that started leaking fuel from a fuel line coming off the lower left side of the carb and terminates at a small nipple mounted on the engine near the center kick stand. I can't find what this line does on the GY6 manual but it seems like some sort of over pressure valve. Fuel leaks out when the engine is running and for about 10 minutes after. I've removed the hose and some fuel drains out but it's a finite amount, which is to say it doesn't drain the tank completely. Does anyone know what this hose is?

Frank Castle
03-02-2014, 09:11 PM
i just came back from the supermarket and i noticed a heavy smell of fuel, when i checked it, it is leaking from the same line your talking about, any update on this? im off tomorow from work so i will investigate the leak, will take off the storage pan and will check it

inuyasha
03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
Thats your crankcase overflow line
If its leaking an excessive amount of liquid that could be a sign of worn piston rings, a clogged transmission breather hose, incorrectly adjusted valves, or a damaged pressure breather plate in the valve cover
A small amout of liquid is normal as that is how the valve case vents any vapor build up
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Frank Castle
03-05-2014, 08:27 PM
A small amout of liquid is normal as that is how the valve case vents any vapor build up

so a small FUEL leak is normal? that doesnt sound right?? can someone confirm this.

dyoung1167
03-17-2014, 10:52 AM
that is your bowl drain of the carb. the end should have a valve withe a screw in it. make sure it is tight. old school has the valve/screw on the carb, but not these so that is the only thing that keeps the fuel in the carb. and check to make sure the line is not cracked or broken.