PDA

View Full Version : Tao Tao Evo 150 questions

scooter
02-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Hi. I'm new here. I posted an I love me tribute to myself in the new members area if you're interested in knowing something about me. I have a few questions about my Tao Tao.
1) Has anyone figured out a way to adjust the stinkin headlights?
2) Has anyone figured out a way to adjust the stinkin front rebound and preload?
3) Has anyone figured out what that stinkin little goofy plastic dual opposed hook think is in front of your knees. A place to hang your helmet?????? I don't know. I have 400 clicks on it so far, have done the listed upgrades except the ignition. I just ordered a spare CDI and coil and keep in under the seat. I'm most likely won't do any speed mods. Just reliability and fuel conservation stuff. But my best mod so far............ Balancing the tires myself! I've got 3.75 ounces (yes ounces!) of weight on the front and 2.75 on the back. You can imagine the shake after about 25. Man, she's a Cadillac at 45 now. I'll eventually get better tires and align the dots up with the valve stems and lose a lot of that weight I'm sure. Anyway, typed enough for now. Thanks for any responses to my 3 questions. Motor on Wayne! Motor on Garth!:scoot:

scooter
02-27-2014, 08:06 PM
I feel much better that nobody has figured out the little plastic double half inverted hook thing. I'll make something up because everyone asks. Nitrous cylinder holder. Yeah

Rhompin45
02-27-2014, 09:36 PM
I think it's for like a grocery bag or purse while you ride. I have never used it I just use a back pack I use my under seat compartment for quart of oil 1 gal gas can jumper cables funnel and couple tools.

scooter
02-27-2014, 09:43 PM
A grocery bag or purse? That's classic. I never thought of that but it makes perfect sense. That's why the hooks are opposing and close the way they do. So it latches the handle within the clamp. Guess what I'm trying tomorrow. Yep, you guessed it.......... installing my new valve stems.

Gimpdog
02-28-2014, 02:17 AM
I still like the Nitrous container holder idea better. Zoooooom!!!!!

prodigit
02-28-2014, 02:33 AM
You can adjust the headlight, by moving it forward or more backwards.
I believe backwards is lower, forwards is higher.
Personally, I pulled back the light, and ride with highbeams on all the time, as the highbeams that way are about just as high as the low beams on my motorcycle.

scooter
02-28-2014, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=prodigit;525515]You can adjust the headlight, by moving it forward or more backwards.
Really? I must try this right now before I take off to work! I do agree with you about the high beams. But right now my high beams are illuminating the front fender. Some exaggeration but close to that is the truth.