PDA

View Full Version : Gas meter not working?

Frank Castle
02-07-2014, 01:02 AM
my gas meter is not working, ive had my scoot now for 1 year, do i need to change my meter on the dashboard or is it something in the gas tank? what i do now since the meter is broke i just peak in my gas tank and look to see if its low.

Bikergirl
02-07-2014, 07:17 AM
First, check to make sure you don't have a blown fuse. It could also be a simple case of the bobber inside the tank not functioning properly. If both of these items are fine then the gauge needs to be taken apart so that you can check the connections inside the gauge.

Frank Castle
02-07-2014, 12:53 PM
First, check to make sure you don't have a blown fuse. It could also be a simple case of the bobber inside the tank not functioning properly. If both of these items are fine then the gauge needs to be taken apart so that you can check the connections inside the gauge.

ok will do. thanks for your help

carasdad
02-07-2014, 08:25 PM
It is common for the foam float in the fuel gauge sending unit to absorb gas and split in half..causing the gauge not to work. Typically this is evident and noticed when the tank is full..yet the gauge reads empty. The electronics in them do burn out also. Post a pic of your sending unit mounted in the tank. Then we can help you find one if needed. I have about 5 in stock..and super cheap.. Also sometimes the foam float gets fuel saturated and reads incorrectly. This can be solved by adjusting it. It is simple and just involves bending the float rod until it reads properly.
Glenn