PDA

View Full Version : low beam headlights blowing?

rebel101150
02-02-2014, 05:37 PM
hey guys 2008 VIP future champion blew both low beams when the wife took it out today. The high beams work fine but the low beams don't do a thing. Are they double filament bulbs? I wasn't sure if it was normal for both to blow at the same time.

Wideopen
02-02-2014, 07:29 PM
probably a bad connection/corrosion in the harness, or hi/lo switch

rebel101150
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
i'll have the bulbs replaced tomorrow and see if that fixes it. I just got it out of the shop. Fresh everything and brand new wiring so it should be covered under warranty from the shop.

Wideopen
02-02-2014, 09:34 PM
when I first purchased my sunny sport scooter it was blowing the turn signal flasher all the time. come to find out the turn signal pigtail pins were touching each other overheating frying the resistor in the flasher. I would go over the wiring connections.

rebel101150
02-02-2014, 09:42 PM
when I first purchased my sunny sport scooter it was blowing the turn signal flasher all the time. come to find out the turn signal pigtail pins were touching each other overheating frying the resistor in the flasher. I would go over the wiring connections.

I'll keep note of that. The day I got my 150 a lot of things blew. Don't go to mad mikes in wilmington, total crook. He had the scooter rigged to make it off the lot basically and after that when it died and wouldnt restart it had gobs of electrical problems and a blown head seal. Needless to say he wanted me to pay for all the repairs, I have another shop handle it and they replaced more wires than I could see when they showed me everything. But I paid 260 for it to be rewired and the engine repaired almost from the ground up and replaced a clutch pack. Was worth every penny. So a headlight blowing out is pretty minimal in my eyes but ill get around to it tomorrow.

Wideopen
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM
These Chinese scoots are pretty simple to work on to be honest, if you're mechanically inclined. I do all my own work unless it's machining. I made a bad mistake buying my scoot from scooterdepot.us they have extremely bad reviews. It took a while to get the bugs worked out of mine but for the price I paid for a brand new 150 scooter in the box $1057.00 shipped I was fairly satisfied.

mmsscooters
02-12-2014, 01:19 AM
if you are blowing headlight bulbs another very common problem is a bad voltage regulator/rectifier, the headlight and rear running light are powered by your stator and not battery, if your regulator goes out it will let too much voltage to the light and blow it.