PDA

View Full Version : trade in a 2007 kymco people s 200 for 2010 xcting 250 ri??

chicksdigmpg's
01-08-2014, 06:51 AM
I currently own an 07 people 200 and love it, it has about 5500 miles. The local dealership has a 2010 xciting 250ri with 500 miles on sale for $2700. I am thinking about trading my people in for the larger xciting. I like the idea of a bigger scoot with a taller seat (I'm 6'2") and would like an increase in top end speed. Speed isn't all that important to me, would just be a nice bonus though. From what I've read, the xciting is heavy, under-powered, and cumbersome. I was looking to see if anyone had any input. The xciting is a bigger, newer scoot for what I believe is a good price, but I'm worried it won't be as enjoyable as my current ride. All input is appreciated, thanks

cheapeto
01-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Go take it for a nice ride and judge for yourself. I don't like buying new vehicles myself, I prefer the demos, or the ones the well off folks ride for 10 minutes and sell for the next newest thing on Earth!
I want a Honda Forza 300, but I'm way to cheap to buy a new one.
This coming spring, last years models *used* will be half price.
Then I'll look for a distressed sale, or a *I need to sell this NOW sale*, then cash in hand will be my trump card.

Guest_3
01-08-2014, 06:18 PM
chicksdigmpg's, Welcome to SD. :cheers:

Go take it for a nice ride and judge for yourself+2 with that. :)