PDA

View Full Version : Kymco 250 won't start

ann swenson
12-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I recently bought a kymco grand vista and it's been great. Until... I went to start it and "click" but no start or even turnover. Lights are bright so I don't think it's the battery, any ideas?

novaraptor
12-10-2013, 01:40 PM
First thing I would check is your battery cables at the terminals. If one of them is loose, you can get good lights, but when you turn the key there isn't enough contact to kick the starter over. Hope it helps..

Novaraptor

oldkid
12-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Also, check to see if all switches are correct. Kill switch, try other brake, look for brake lights, Side stand switch, etc.

Maddog
12-14-2013, 11:22 AM
If the lights stay bright when you attempt to start it, the battery probably is OK.
Next is the starting system, No clicking means no solonid engage. Check the easy things first, brake switch, side stand switch, kill switch.

Pearl
02-05-2014, 12:15 AM
I would go for the solenoid. went on my bike. if its not entirely gone you can check it my tapping on the solenoid whilst trying to start the bike if it then takes when tapping it you know you have found your problem. also from my experience get an oem solenoid. I went through 3 that looked exactly the same but only the oem one would work on the bike

antchainscoot
04-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Your brake light switch could be dead.
This is a link to what it looks like:
http://www.motopartsmax.com/index.php/main_page/product_info/products_id/8659/cPath/45_189